Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My Opinion on the lack of professionalism in the work place.

My Opinion on the lack of professionalism in the work place
Many times have I went into a store, or a restaurant and have been appealed by the lack of professionalism, and services provided by the employees. Such as yesterday my dad and I went to I-hop, one of our favorite restaurants (well not really a restaurant) to get some food. We were greeted by our waitress she took us to the corner of the restaurant and sat us down and gave us our menu’s and did the normal waitress things. Later in the meal I realized that our table was lacking a bottle of ketchup for my onion rings, I mean hey no big deal right? WRONG! So me and my dad waited for the waitress to walk back over so we could give her our request; as we waited my dad finished his pancakes and was wanting some more. “Here she comes!” my dad said I looked up to see her stop to talk to another employee of sorts who had walked in and sat down. I waited boiling with frustration on how this lady was clearly not doing her job and being rude to all the people in the restaurant. Her chat continued with this man for some time as she arrived I told her how my dad 1: wanted more pancakes 2: we needed refills on our drinks, and 3: I wanted some freaking ketchup. She then grumbled and walked off, as my dad said her tip was dwindling. 4: She got my order wrong to so I had to eat the wrong food.
I don’t understand why unprofessionalism can be tolerated like that! Sure the lady could’ve been having a bad day or he cat died or something but that still isn’t a reason to treat other with no regard; she could’ve stayed home if she was going to act like that to others. I also think its a waist of my time and others if the person/'s  are being self interested and not getting their job done right!

No comments:

Post a Comment