Wednesday, October 27, 2010

School

I find it rather odd to talk about school on a blog that deals with The Story of Life... Sorta. And due to this, I find it sad that many people dismiss their school life as a frilly playtime before they are burdened with the weight of life and to an extent, work. In this post, I will show how your school life probably altered the very being you are and I will show how your life at school will probably never leave you.
Most people generally don't discuss their time at school which doesn't make much sense to me. They believe that talking about their social rank and other such social miscellaneous' do not apply outside of the school perimeters. They may be right, but I have one question for those that believe such things. What would your friends be considered? If you answered truthfully then I ask another question. What would you consider the friends you had in school? Odds are, they are from the same group. If you are shaking your head and angrily gnashing your teeth at my stupidity, I have to again say this; the faces of your friends may change, but how they behave and dress will be the same. I don't think I have to give an example to show how this is meant to be, but regardless, I will give a brief demonstration.
Timmy here is considered a nerd, picked on by everyone and loved only by his girlfriend, friends, and family. Timmy went through high school and graduated with valedictorian statues and goes on to study at Stanford University with a full ride scholarship. Timmy graduates from Stanford with a major in science. He made friends throughout this time and later reconnects with them all since they all also graduated with majors in science. He goes to MIT to receive his masters and begins to work for Boeing on alternate fuel sources. He is then invited to a dinner. Who do you think attended this dinner? What sort of mannerisms do you think Timmy will see and expect? Do I have to continue?
You may be asking why I am writing this post. For those that are looking for a deeper meaning, there is one. My English teacher informed me that my writing skills are lacking. He recommends me to get better at it. Now I am. Comment and help the poor guy with bad writing skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment