Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Little Twist in PoV

I couldn't stand this air, this ground and especially the people milling around believing that they had a life to live and tasks to do. It disgusted me in more ways then one can imagine. They didn't seem to see the obvious that their lives didn't matter, that not only does the world not care about them, it usually kills them off first. Most times, I sit on this bench and I watch as those disgusting apes walk on; reading their newspapers or talking on those phones. How could they stand such an existence? How could they not see the inevitable? I lifted my hand out of my pocket and felt the cold hungry dagger surge with life. I stood up and walked towards that man, the man that didn't deserve to live. I raised the dagger and the curtain went down.
The band played up the intermission music, my part was played.
"Good job out there Brian!" My classmate, Chris said, "How can you be that good?"
I handed over the plastic dagger, "You have to live like them man, get under their skin and know how they think. I guess you can say that you have to literally become one to act like one."
He gave a sidelong stare, "You sure your not taking that a little too far?"
"For the job I want, I have to think like them." I replied, heading for the changing room.
"And what would that be?"
"A detective."

No comments:

Post a Comment