Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A short written memory for a language arts assignment ( written much like Mark Twains rembrence of going to a lake) please enjoy :)

Red Roses
The blue sky shined as I walked outside, on that summer day. Birds chirping in the distance cars passing by on the street I turn my head to behold a single delicate red rose; the light made the rose glow a bright maroon color bringing a feeling of ease and relaxation to my mind. A new noise entered the picture a light hum, unlike any noise of natural cause, could it be a muffler on a car? my mind dancing with the thought of a large vehicle rushing down the street, but then I saw that small plane in  the sky flying overhead bursting with a dull color against the bright blue sky, I looked back at the rose a breeze slowly picking up tossing the rose to and fro. I was then taken back through time and space into a plane, memories flooded in of walking in a crowded airport with people of all shapes and sizes. then there I was, walking down the isle of the plane with a boque of roses in my hand I watched in fear as people bumped into each other rudely to get past to their seats like how cattle rush forward into a slaughter house. My eyes dashed back and forth praying that my row of seats would either be empty or have a child or teenager in the seat next to me. I was lunged back into thought as my mother gave me a light push to get me going, I stumbled clutching my dear roses to my chest they had a place to be and a person to be with. my heart sunk as I reached my seat I looked down to see a man sitting there his beard neatly trimmed and hair lathered over to form a formidable hair style, but even though I saw these things a feeling of fear thumped in my chest I sat down careful not to smoother what i held most dear to my heart. I sat suddenly followed by my mother teasing me about the care i was keeping for my child as she called my roses. i ignored her and  checked my roses to make sure they had survived the initial test of getting onto that crowded under heated plane. The trip back was an uneventful one with only a few terrifying moments, like when I fell asleep and those roses began to roll off my legs onto the toxic floor of the airplane luckily I woke right before that accured. Time then seemed to speed up, the memory blurring with a bright flashes of other events until once again i was in my home triumphant for bringing those roses from Utah all the way back to Alaska with minuscule harm. I then walked over to where my dearest friend was and gave her the roses with a smile on my face I had completed the impossible to bring the one I love a gift of a life time. I awoke, dazzled by that blur of emotion and action the plane was slowly going out of view the hum so faint the human ear couldn’t register, the breeze had stopped  letting that single rose take rest much like how I was able to get rest once I knew that my trial was over and the roses had reached their right destination a destination of peace, home, and love. The Rose survived the wind such as I had survived that plane trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment